Our Team of Lawyers
Mati E. Pajo - Partner
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2000.
Mati Pajo has a broad corporate, commercial and securities law practice with a focus on investment funds, securities regulation, commercial transactions and general corporate counsel. Mati's practice involves:
- Acting as corporate counsel to clients in a range of industries including financial services, manufacturing, technology, food services, hospitality and health care.
- Providing day-to-day legal and strategic advice to business owners and managers.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising clients with respect to business formation, corporate governance, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, financings, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, corporate reorganizations, franchising, licensing and general commercial matters.
- Advising investment fund managers on formation, management and administration of mutual funds, limited partnerships and other pooled investment vehicles.
- Advising issuers with respect to public offerings and private placements of securities, preparing prospectuses and offering memoranda, advising on continuous disclosure obligations, shareholder communications, proxy circulars, regulatory compliance and governance matters.
- Advising portfolio managers, dealers and investment fund managers on registration applications, exemptive relief applications, development of compliance policies and procedures, regulatory audits and ongoing compliance matters.
- Mati is a director and corporate secretary of the Estonian (Toronto) Credit Union Ltd.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School
- B.A., University of Toronto
- Law Society of Upper Canada